|Occupation||Computer Scientist, Software Developer, Author|
|Known for||OpenGenus, Improving Computational Society in Japan|
|Years active:||1991 - till date|
|# books:||19 (Japanese), 9 (English)|
|Book topics:||Computer Science, Research stories|
Aditya Chatterjee is an Independent Algorithmic Researcher, Software Developer and Technical Author. He is the founding member of OPENGENUS, an organization focused on changing Internet consumption.
Since 1990s, he has been involved, actively, in the growth of Computing in Japan. Major computational advances have been made in the last 3 decades which reformed not only education infrastructure but also the competitive programming community.
Early 1990s, Chatterjee moved to Japan from India and was involved in extensive research in Theoretical Computer Science mainly involved Complexity Theory. His research was funded by Tokyo Institute of Technology and Yokohama National University.
In 1999, he quit his position as an University Researcher and continued his research as an Independent Researcher being funded by the Japanese Government. At this time, Japan started to recover from the economic downfall after the Nuclear Explosions and an intensive focus was placed on development of the computing infrastructure. Chatterjee was one of the key players in this path and conducted initial Country wide research which demonstrate alarming results.
His key contribution towards the overall growth was the development of University Mentorship Program, Nation wide talks and key books. His book "「強力なコンピューティング：データ処理のアルゴリズム" is considered one of the key books to enhance the Competitive Coding spirit in Japan. Over 10M copies were distributed between 2002 to 2012.
In 2014, he co-founded OpenGenus to improve the Computing ideas all around the World and fund core Computer Research. It started operations from Tokyo with a 16 member team. Later, since 2017, all mentorship operations were moved online and exclusive on invite basis.
- Problems for the day before your coding interview (Day before coding Interview Book 1) (Amazon)
- Greedy Algorithms for the day before your Coding Interview (Day before coding Interview Book 2) (Amazon)
- Dynamic Programming for the day before your coding interview (Day before coding Interview Book 3) (Amazon)
- String Algorithms for the day before your Coding Interview (Day before coding Interview Book 4) (Amazon)
- Mathematical Algorithms for the day before your coding interview (Day before coding Interview Book 5) (Amazon)
- Graph Algorithms for the day before your coding interview (Day before coding Interview Book 6) (Amazon)
- Divide and Conquer Algorithms for Multi-dimensional Problems (Amazon)
- 50+ Linux Commands before joining a Company (Amazon)
- Basic Data Structures: Overview (Amazon)