Benjamin Qi is one of greatest Competitive Programmers in the World. He has won several major Competitive Programming Contests and have defeated Gennady Korotkevich (often, referred as the Greatest Competitive Programmer of all time) in CodeForces rating for over 3 months (since April 2021 and currently).
Benjamin Qi is also known as Benq and bqi343.
He was born in 2001 and currently, is pursuing his Bachelor's degree at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He lives in Princeton, United States. As of July 2021, he is a Software Engineer, Intern at Amazon.
Age of Benjamin Qi: 20 years (as of 2021).
Achievements of Benjamin Qi
Benjamin Qi got International Recognition in April 2021 when he defeated Gennady Korotkevich on CodeForces, a platform where both Programmers participate actively. Gennady Korotkevich is often, referred to as the Greatest Competitive Programmer of all time.
Achievements of Benjamin Qi:
- 2 times Gold Medal winner of International Olympiad in Informatics IOI 2018 and 2019.
- Among the 4 Programmers Worldwide to win IOI multiple times.
- 2nd (Worldwide) in Facebook Hacker Cup 2020
- 6th (Worldwide) in Google Code Jam 2020
- Finalist in Topcoder Open 2020
- Highest rated Programmer in CodeForces (since April 2021) beating Gennady Korotkevich.
- Problem setter for USA Computing Olympiad (2019)
- Honorable Mention in USA Math Olympiad 2018 and 2019
- 2nd in Romanian Master of Mathematics 2019
- 1st (team) at ICPC International Collegiate Programming Contest, North America 2020
- Ranked 89 Worldwide by ICPC. Expected to represent MIT at ICPC 2021.
Education of Benjamin Qi
Following are the Education credentials of Benjamin Qi:
- Candidate for Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering in Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) (2019 to 2023)
- Dual Enrollment in Mathematics & Physics in Princeton University (2018 to 2019)
- High school: Princeton High School (Graduation: 2019)
Benjamin Qi joined Amazon as a Software Engineer, Intern in June 2021.
He has been a Lab Assistant at Massachusetts Institute of Technology for the class of Fundamentals of Programming (Fall 2020). He guided students in Programming in Python through video chat during lab hours.
He has been a Problem setter for USA Computing Olympiad 2019, one of the most prestigious Competitive Programming Contests for High School students in USA.
Benjamin Qi qualified for International Olympiad in Informatics in 2017, 2018 and 2019. He could not attend IOI 2017 but he was the winner in IOI 2018 and 2019.
This makes him among the FOUR programmers in the World who have won IOI multiple times. The last victory was in 2011 by Gennady Korotkevich (3rd time).
Hence, he is widely, considered as one of the top 4 performers at IOI.
His rating at CodeForces is notable because:
- He has beaten Gennady Korotkevich in CodeForces' rating for over 3 months straight. The only Programmer to do so and one of the 3 programmers to ever cross Gennady Korotkevich in CodeForces Rating.
- As of July 2021, CodeForces rating of Benjamin is 3797 and of Gennady is 3748.
Find Benjamin Qi
Find Benjamin Qi online:
- @Benq on CodeForces
- @bqi343 on HackerRank
- @bqi343 on GitHub
- @b524 on CodeChef
Benjamin Qi is one of the strongest Competitive Programmers we have today and is expected to be titled as the World's greatest Competitive Programmer in coming years.