Guosheng Lin is a Computer Scientist who is best known as the Inventor of RefineNet model. He is an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.
Best known for:
- Inventor of RefineNet model
- Recipient of Google PhD fellowship in 2014
|Profession:||Computer Scientist, Assistant Professor|
|Known for:||Inventor of RefineNet model|
|Awards:||Best Workshop Paper Award in CVPR 2015|
Google PhD fellowship in 2014
|Education:||PhD at University of Adelaide, Australia (2010-14)|
As a researcher, Guosheng Lin has over 9100 citations across all his works with an h-index of 33 which is on the higher end for professors. Guosheng is originally from China and resides in Singapore currently.
Research Interests of Guosheng Lin:
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Computer Vision + recognition + scene understanding
Education of Guosheng Lin:
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science at South China University of Technology, Guangzhou (2003 to 2007)
- Master of Engineer in Computer Science at South China University of Technology, Guangzhou (2007 to 2010)
- PhD in Computer Science at The University of Adelaide, Australia (2010 to 2014)
Research Experience of Guosheng Lin:
- Research Fellow at Australian Centre for Robotic Vision (ACRV) in The University of Adelaide from 2014 to 2017
- Assistant Professor at Nanyang Technological University since 2017
- Research Paper Reviewer at CVPR, TPAMI, IJCV, TIP and TMM.
He has received several research grants such as:
- Singapore MOE Tier-2 research grant
- AI.Singapore research grant
- Delta-NTU Corp Lab research grant
- S-lab Research Grant
- Alibaba-NTU research grant
- Webank-NTU research grant
- Hyundai research grant
- Best Workshop Paper Award in CVPR 2015
- For the paper titled "Sequence searching with Deep-Learnt Depth for Condition and Viewpoint Invariant Route Based Place Recognition" where Guosheng Lin was a co-author.
- Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Conference (CVPR) is one of the leading conferences in the field of Computer Vision and is organized by IEEE.
- Recipient of Google PhD fellowship in 2014 for Australia
- Top 100 researchers pursuing PhD are awarded this fellowship every year across the Globe
- A prestigious and competitive fellowship program
RefineNet: Brain child of Guosheng Lin
In 2016, Guosheng Lin published a paper titled "Multi-Path Refinement Networks for High-Resolution Semantic Segmentation" along with 3 co-authors namely Anton Milan, Chunhua Shen and Ian Reid. The paper introduced a new Deep Learning model named as RefineNet.
As of 2022, the paper has over 2350+ citations making it one of the influential papers in the field of Deep Learning. It is also, the most impact work by Guosheng Lin till date.
Learn more about RefineNet model.
Other influential research papers by Guosheng Lin:
- "Learning depth from single monocular images using deep convolutional neural fields" in 2015 (over 1100+ citations)
- "Efficient piecewise training of deep structured models for semantic segmentation" in 2016 (around 990 citations)
- "Deep convolutional neural fields for depth estimation from a single image" in 2015 with around 910 citations
- "Fast Supervised Hashing with Decision Trees for High-Dimensional Data" in 2014 with 430 citations
Other top researchers Guosheng Lin has worked with are:
- Ian Reid from University of Adelaide
- Chunhua Shen from Zhejiang University
- Anton Milan from Amazon
- Jianfei Cai who is a Professor of Data Science & AI at Monash University
- Weisi Lin who is a Professor at Nanyang Technological University
Contact Guosheng Lin
With this article at OpenGenus, you must have got to known an exceptional Computer Scientist Guosheng Lin.