Strongly suggest you to get your own portfolio site and show us :)
International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research (IJSER) is a journal where Research Paper from all scientific fields are published monthly. It is mainly known for quick peer review (7 days) and getting Research published within a month.
IJSER has an impact factor of 4.2 (good) and h-index of 7 (low).
We recommend IJSER only:
- when you want to get your paper published quickly as the acceptance rate is high
- when you do not need to get published in a highly reputed journal
By IJSER, there are two journals:
- Journal of Scientific Engineering and Research is online at ijser.in (ISSN 2347-3878)
- International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research is at ijser.org (ISSN 2229-5518)
Note the difference in URL and ISSN. We will consider ijser.org (ISSN 2229-5518) as it is the more significant publication and the one you should consider.
Is IJSER reputable?
International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research (IJSER) is:
- University Grants Commission (UGC) approved journal
- Impact factor score of 4.2 in 2017 which is a decent score. 10 is a great score.
- h-index score of 7 (which is very low)
Hence, IJSER is a decent journal. The main doubt of readers or new researchers may come from the fact that:
- Most submitted research papers are accepted
- The short peer review time of 7 days makes one doubt the quality of review
- The large range of domains in which papers are accepted makes one doubt if it is good for a specific domain.
The papers published in IJSER are usually indexed in:
- Thomson Reuters
- Google Scholar
- IC Journals Master List
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journal)
- Scientific Commons
Hence, IJSER is an authentic journal where you can publish research papers.
Impact factor = 4.2 (okay)
Impact factor of IJSER is 4.2 as of 2017.
This means in the last two years, each paper in this journal (IJSER) received 4.2 citations on average.
This seems to improve over the years with 3.8 in 2015. This shows that the journal is improving with time.
This impact factor score is decent. In general, a impact factor score of 3 or more is considered a decent/ good journal while a score of 10 and above signifies a great journal.
h-index = 7 (low)
h-index of IJSER is 7.
This means there are only 7 papers under this journal that has been citated at least 7 times. The highest cited paper in this journal has 18 citations.
h-index of top journals are close to 200.
Hence, h-index of IJSER is too low.
This means that no highly cited work has been published in this journal which in other words mean that no highly significant research work is under this journal.
International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research (IJSER) is a decent journal where you can get your research paper reviewed and published easily within a month.
It may not be a highly reputed journal but if your research work is good, your work will prove itself.