In this domain of Competitive Programming, many prominent figures do not consider India as a big figure. Despite the common belief, India has some of the strongest Competitive Programmers who have won significant contests and represented India.
Top Competitive Programmers in India are:
- Pradeep George Mathias
- Krunal Manik
- Arjun Arul
- Aditya Paliwal
- Nikhil Garg
- Udit Sanghi
- Rajat De
- Kshitij Sodani
- Hanit Banga
- Akshat Bubna
Pradeep George Mathias
Pradeep George Mathias works at Facebook and was a student at Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
Some of the achievements of Pradeep George Mathias:
- Bronze medal at International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI), 2008
- Rank 18 at ACM ICPC World Finals, 2012 (Warsaw)
- Rank 42 at ACM ICPC World Finals, 2011 (USA)
- All India Rank 1 in GATE 2012
Find Pradeep George Mathias:
- @pragrame on CodeForces
Krunal Manik completed his Bachelor's degree from DJ Sanghvi College of Engineering and is currently working in Uber.
- Honorable mention in ACM ICPC World Final 2011
- Honorable Mention in ACM ICPC World Final 2010
Find Krunal Manik:
- @cfc on CodeForces
- @cfc on CodeChef
Arjun Arul has completed his Bachelor's degree (2013) and Master's degree (2016) from Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI). Arjun, currently, works at CodeChef since 2017.
Achievements of Arjun Arul:
- Honorable mention in ACM ICPC World Finals, 2013
- Honorable mention in ACM ICPC World Finals, 2012
- Coach at Indian Computing Olympiad (IOI) Training Camp (IOITC)
Find Arjun Arul:
- @arjunarul on CodeForces
Aditya Paliwal is currently, an AI Resident at Google Research, New York and completed his Masters degree in Computer Science at IIIT Bangalore in July 2018.
- Rank 56 in ACM ICPC World Finals, 2017
- Rank 31 in ACM ICPC World Finals, 2018
Find Aditya Paliwal:
- @VastoLorde95 at CodeForces
- @VastoLorde95 at CodeChef
Udit Sanghi is originally, from Kanpur in India and studies at Bhavan Vidyalaya (High School at Kanpur). He will enter an University in late 2021.
Some of the achievements of Udit Sanghi:
- In 2020, he achieved the Silver medal at IOI (International Olympiad in Informatics) and represented India.
- Bronze medal at Asia Pacific Informatics Olympiad (APIO) 2020
- He happens to become the youngest Red Coder at CodeForces from India. His higgest rating at CodeForces is 2476.
- 3rd in Google Code-In 2018
- 5th position at IOITC 2018
Find Udit Sanghi:
- @T1duS on CodeForces
- @mathecodician on CodeChef
- Udit Sanghi on OpenGenus IQ
Rajat De is a Competitive Programmer from India and is a student at Chennai Mathematical Institute.
Some of the achievements of Rajat De:
- Silver Medal in IOI 2016
- Country rank 8 (overall) and 2 (Junior) at CodeChef in India.
Find Rajat De:
- @rajat1603 in CodeForces
- @rajat1603 in CodeChef
Kshitij Sodani is an upcoming Competitive Programmer from India and has represented India at IOI in 2021 and 2020. He is highly ranked at online platforms like CodeForces.
Some of the achievements of Kshitij Sodani:
- Bronze medal in IOI 2020
- Country rank 1 in India in CodeChef Junior (June 2021)
- Country rank 2 in India in CodeForces (June 2021) (rating: 2619)
Find Kshitij Sodani:
- @kshitij_sodani on CodeForces
- @kshitij_789 on CodeChef
Hanit Banga completed his Bachelor's degree from Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi and is currently, working at Google.
Some of the achievements of Hanit Banga:
Highest rated Competitive Programmer in CodeForces from India in June 2021 (rating: 2754)
ICPC 2018: World Finals onsite rank 108
@cerberus97 on CodeForces
@c1_6 on CodeChef
Akshat Bubna is orignally from New Delhi, India and is a Competitive Programmer from India who has completed his Bachelor study at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and is currently, working at Scale AI.
Some of the achievements of Akshat Bubna are:
- Gold medal (2014) and Bronze medal (2013) at International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI)
- Top 30 at Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) towards selection in IMO
Find Akshat Bubna:
- @akshatb on CodeForces (Maximum rating: 2060)
The issue with Competitive Programmers in India is that most participants compete only during their University years, get the benefit of it as a job and leave Competitive Programming. Due to this, there are no prominent Competitive Programmers in India like Petr Mitrichev.
There are many good Competitive Programmers in India. In this list by OpenGenus, we have selected Programmers who have proved their skills in major contests like ICPC instead of online contents on platforms like CodeForces. You can join this list with practice as well.