Siddharth S. Oroskar is a prolific inventor from India. He completed his Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunications from Vivekanand Education Society's Institute Of Technology (VESIT), Mumbai in 2002.
- 6th most patents issued to a person of Indian Origin (Complete list)
He has worked frequently with Jasinder P. Singh who holds the record of the 7th most patents issued just after Siddharth S. Oroskar. He is a notable employee of Sprint Nextel (T-Mobile).
Background of Siddharth S. Oroskar
He joined Samsung Electronics as a Senior Professional Staff in 2019. Before that, he was working at Sprint Nextel.
Associated: Samsung Electronics
First patent: 2010
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunications from VESIT in 2002
- Masters of Science in Electromagnetics from University of Houston in 2005
Siddharth S. Oroskar graduated with a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunications from VESIT in 2002. Vivekanand Education Society's Institute Of Technology (VESIT) was established in 1984 and is affiliated with the University of Mumbai.
He worked at Sprint Nextel (T-Mobile) for 14 years as RF Engineer and Principal Telecom Design Engineer. This is where he collaborated with Jasinder P. Singh who is another notable Prolific Inventor. This was the starting of Siddharth's career in becoming a Prolific Inventor.
Siddharth S. Oroskar worked in two major companies:
- Sprint Nextel (T-Mobile) for 14 years
- Samsung Electronics as a Senior Professional Staff (2+ yrs and counting, since 2019)
Patents by Siddharth S. Oroskar
Research areas in which Siddharth S. Oroskar is focused on are:
- Wireless Communication
- Radio Networking
- 5G Technology
Some of the Key patents by Siddharth S. Oroskar are:
- Controlling handover parameters based on target base station characteristics
- Management of carrier usage by relays and CSFB capable UEs
- Systems and methods for selectively reducing an allowable transmit power of a wireless device
- Systems and methods for adjusting a power mismatch between wireless devices
- Selection of wireless coverage areas and media codecs
- Method and system for releasing at least one resource allocated to a user equipment device
- Determining access parameters based on likelihood of HD voice service
- Control of UE voice call communication mode based on air interface load in view of TDD frame configuration
- Controlling reverse-direction neighbor reports based on the characteristics of queued bearer traffic
- Management of modulation for transmission of data in anticipation of handover
- Use of contention-free random-access preamble in paging process
- Management of cell selection in a communications system
- Use of fallback coverage area load to manage fallback communication setup
- Active set management based on the likelihood of a mobile station roaming
Fellow Researchers with whom Siddharth S. Oroskar worked with frequently in forming Patents are:
- Jasinder P. Singh (another Top Prolific Inventor)
- Kurt M. Landuyt
- Vanil Parihar
- Anoop K. Goyal
- Nitesh Manchanda
- Maulik K. Shah
- Ryan P. Dreiling
- John W. Prock
- Rajil Malhotra
- Vanil Parihar
- Jose L. Hernandez
- Ahmad N. Saleh
With this article at OpenGenus, you must have a good background of the Prolific Inventor Siddharth S. Oroskar.