Most patents by person in India (Top 10)
Get FREE domain for 1st year and build your brand new site
Gurtej Singh Sandhu has the most patents by any person based in India. Gurtej has 1375 patents and works at Micron. The second person from India is Sarbajit Kumar Rakshit with 753 patents. India is not behind any other country when it comes to patents.
Following is the complete list of Most patents by a person in India:
|1||Gurtej Singh Sandhu||1375||Micron||IIT, Delhi|
|2||Sarbajit Kumar Rakshit||753||IBM||IIEST, Shibpur|
|3||Devendra K. Sadana||735||IBM||IIT, Delhi|
|4||Ravi Arimilli||508||IBM||Louisiana State University|
|5||Ajith K. Kumar||354||General Electric||College of Engineering, Trivandrum|
|6||Siddharth S. Oroskar||349||Samsung Electronics||VESIT|
|7||Jasinder P. Singh||333||T Mobile||NIT, Jalandhar|
|8||Sandeep R. Patil||315||IBM||University of Pune|
|9||Ramachandra Divakaruni||304||IBM||IIT, Madras|
|10||Madhusudan K. Iyengar||293||Savitribai Phule Pune University|
We will dive into know each Inventor deeper.
Gurtej Singh Sandhu
Gurtej Singh Sandhu holds the record for the most patents by an Indian. He has over 1340 utility patents and is Senior Fellow and Vice President at Micron Technology. He works in the field of Electrical Engineering.
Gurtej was born in London and move to India at a age of 3. His parents were from India.
Associated: Micron Technology
First patent on: 1991
Education: PhD (Electrical Engineering)
- B. Tech in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT, Delhi)
- PhD in Electrical Engineering from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
Award: IEEE Andrew S. Grove Award in 2018
Example of patent works:
- DRAM and NAND memory chip scaling
- A method to coat microchips with titanium without exposing the metal to oxygen
- Method to develop atomic layer deposition high-k films for DRAM devices
Sarbajit Kumar Rakshit
Sarbajit Kumar Rakshit is a Cybersecurity architect and Master Inventor at IBM. He joined IBM in 2007. He holds the record of the highest number of patents issued to an Indian in a single year. He was issued 163 patents in 2019.
He completed his degree in Mechanical Engineering from Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur in 1997 and resides in Kolkata.
First patent on: 2013
Education: Mechanical Engineering from Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur in 1997
Devendra K. Sadana
Devendra K. Sadana is a Prolific Inventor from India. He completed his PhD in Physics in 1975 from IIT Delhi. He joined IBM in 1983 and worked at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and University of Oxford before joining IBM.
First patent on: 1983
Education: PhD in Physics at IIT Delhi in 1975
- Lead advanced substrate research in CMOS technology
Ravi Arimilli is a Fellow and Chief Architect at IBM. He moved to USA with his family in 1969 and was originally from Andhra Pradesh, India.
Associated: Micron Technology
First patent: 1992
Education: Louisiana State University
Work: POWER5 microprocessor
- Symmetric multiprocessing (SMP)
- System structures
- Cache and memory hierarchies
- System bus protocols
Ajith K. Kumar
Ajith K. Kumar is a prolific Inventor and worked at General Electric (GE).
Associated: General Electric (GE)
First patent: 1984
- B. Tech in Electrical Engineering from College of Engineering, Trivandrum in 1972
- M. Sc in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University in 1977
- MBA in Gannon University in 1981
Award: GE Edison Award
- Developing Train technology
Siddharth S. Oroskar
Siddharth S. Oroskar is a prolific inventor from India. He completed his Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunications from Vivekanand Education Society's Institute Of Technology (VESIT), Mumbai in 2002.
He joined Samsung Electronics as a Senior Professional Staff in 2019. Before that, he was working at Sprint Nextel.
Associated: Samsung Electronics
First patent: 2010
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunications from VESIT in 2002
- Masters of Science in Electromagnetics from University of Houston in 2005
Jasinder P. Singh
Jasinder Pal Singh is a prolific inventor from India and works at T Mobile as Principal System Architect. He has previously worked at Sprint and Wireless facilities.
He completed his Bachelor's degree in Electronics & Telecommunications from National Institute of Technology (NIT), Jalandhar.
Associated: T Mobile
First patent: 2010
Bachelor's degree in Electronics & Telecommunications from National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar in 1995
Sandeep R. Patil
Sandeep R. Patil is a prolific inventor from India and has been working at IBM from January 2000. He completed his Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Computing from University of Pune in 1999.
First patent: 2008
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Computing from University of Pune in 1999
Ramachandra Divakaruni is a prolific inventor from India and is a Project Manager at IBM. He completed his B. Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from IIT, Madras.
First patent: 2000
- B. Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras
- PhD in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
Madhusudan K. Iyengar
Madhusudan K. Iyengar is a prolific inventor from India and is working at Google since 2014. Previously, he has worked at IBM and Facebook.
First patent: 2005
- B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering from Savitribai Phule Pune University in 1994
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering from University of Minnesota in 2002
- Post-doc in Electronics cooling from Purdue University in 2003