In this article, we have presented multiple ways to fix the error of "Error writing file, is your harddrive almost full? (getFile)".
Table of contents:
- Fix 1: Clear cookies
- Fix 2: Try another browser
- Fix 3: Refresh the tab
- Fix 4: Close Chrome and start again
On trying to download a file from a Mega link, you may face the following error:
Error writing file, is your harddrive almost full? (getFile)
It will appear as a popup and the download will fail. This will stop your ability to download the file and be a major blocker in your work.
Fix 1: Clear cookies
The steps to clear cookies are as follows:
- Go to the tab where the site (Mega or others) is opened
- Click on the lock icon on the top left side of your window.
- Click on "Cookies". It will open a popup listing the different cookies.
- Click on each cookies on the popup and delete it by clicking on the "Delete" button.
- Reload the tab and try to download your file again.
Fix 2: Try another browser
The simpliest option is to open another browser and open the link and try to download again. This fix has been reported to work always.
If you were using Google Chrome, try to download using Microsoft Edge or Firefox.
Fix 3: Refresh the tab
In some cases, refreshing the tab can work to fix the problem.
This restarts the new session in most cases and the memory trapped by the tab is released.
Fix 4: Close Chrome and start again
Another approach you can try is to:
- Close Chrome browser completely
- Start Chrome again
- Try to go to the link and download again
With the fixes in this article at OpenGenus, you must have the complete idea of how to fix this error.