The era of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) isn’t just a story of the past; it is a boon for every industry and plays a pivotal role. Both AI and ML deliver immense capabilities that can drive innovation, enhance efficiency, improve decision-making, and give a competitive edge. Whether you are an organization aiming to stay ahead in a rapidly evolving landscape or an individual looking to streamline your tasks, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) have the potential to deliver substantial benefits and drive positive outcomes.
The MIT Technology Review Insights reports, conducted in collaboration with JPMorgan Chase, is based on a survey of three hundred executives and interviews with seven experts from different verticals, including finance, healthcare, academia, and technology. It mainly aims to determine the factors that are barriers or enablers on the path of AI/ML technologies deployment.
The following chart reflects the report’s key findings:
Seventy-one percent of all respondents surveyed say AI/ML is either heavily in use or in use across some projects.
|Mature/Heavily in Use||27%|
|In Use for a Few Projects||44%|
This dynamic duo is also revolutionizing the way we approach cross-browser testing, making it more accurate, faster, and efficient. Incorporating AI and ML into automated cross browser testing signifies a substantial advancement in ensuring the quality of web apps across diverse browsers and platforms.
Global market size - Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
Next Move Strategy Consulting report revealed that the market for AI is projected to reflect strong growth in the upcoming decade. Its current value of nearly $100 billion, is estimated to hit twentyfold by 2030, reaching close to $2 trillion U.S. dollars. The Artificial Intelligence (AI) market covers a vast majority of industries. Everything from research, analysis, marketing, product making, supply chains, and many others, are expected to integrate artificial intelligence within their business operations. Major trends shaping the future of AI include the advancements in image-generating AI, the proliferation of chatbots, and the advancements in mobile applications.
On the flip side, the global machine learning as a service market size was valued at USD 22.86 billion in the year 2022. It is projected to grow significantly reaching around USD 626.64 billion by the year 2032 with an estimated CAGR of 39.3% from 2023 to 2032. Particularly, the IT & telecom sector accounted for the largest market share in 2022 among various end-user segments.
Difference between Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
|Aspect||Artificial Intelligence (AI)||Machine Learning (ML)|
|Learning Approach||Artificial Intelligence (AI) can encompass several approaches, counting rule-expert systems, based systems, and more. It may or may not include learning from data.||Machine Learning (ML) especially focuses on learning from data and enhancing performance over time based on this data.|
|Human-Like Intelligence||Artificial Intelligence (AI) aims to build machines capable of performing jobs that usually require human intelligence, such as knowing the natural language, problem-solving, and reasoning.||Machine Learning (ML) is mainly concerned with algorithms development that can learn from data, rather than replicating the entire range of human intelligence.|
|Examples||Autonomous robots, Chatbots, computer vision, natural language processing, and game-playing Artificial Intelligence (AI) systems (e.g., Go or chess).||Image recognition, recommendation systems, predictive analytics, and natural language processing apps.|
|Decision Making||Artificial Intelligence (AI) systems can make decisions based on predefined logic, rules, or knowledge bases, and might not necessitate continuous learning.||Machine Learning (ML) systems make decisions based on statistical probabilities and learned patterns, enhancing accuracy as additional data becomes available.|
|Goal||The key objective of Artificial Intelligence (AI) is to generate intelligent agents proficient in reasoning and solving intricate problems, often with human-level performance.||The main objective of ML is to design algorithms that can learn and simplify data to make predictions, recommendations, or classifications.|
Power of Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) in Test Automation
AI and ML have revolutionized test automation in various respects. Here are some of the milestones reached in automated testing as a result of Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML):
- Test Data Creation
- Test Script Generation
- Test Optimization
- Prioritization of tests
- Scrutiny of Test Outcomes
AI & ML in Software Testing, Cross-platform testing
Cross-browser is principally the approach of testing across browsers, OSes, and devices to confirm that the software apps function appropriately. Cross-platform tests certifies that users can use the software on any OS and any gadget.
These QA or software testing practices are predominantly significant for mobile apps. After all, mobile apps necessitate to be accessible through phones and tablets, and on several platforms such as iOS and Android. Similarly, web apps might require to be attuned with multiple browsers, devices, and platforms -- hardware, OSs, etc.
The acceptance of ML and AI and their proliferation have made fresh capabilities available to Quality Assurance specialists, including those tasked with cross-platform tests and cross-browser tests. Yet, these advances do not come without problems or pitfalls.
The Requirement for Cross-Browser Testing
In the new digital era, web apps should perform perfectly and faultlessly across a multitude of operating systems, browsers, and devices. But, accomplishing this level of compatibility manually is a tactic task. This is where automated cross-browser tests come into play. It enables testers to validate the appearance and functionality of web apps on several platforms and browser combinations effectively.
Why and how to run cross-platform testing?
Cross-platform testing plays a crucial role in the software QA method. The approach helps assess how a website and an application behave in multiple contexts. Cross-platform testing assists uncovering issues that vary across platforms, such as usability, User Interface, stability, and performance concerns. For instance, a web app may function well in the Chrome browser, but its User Interface may look distorted when it is rendered in, say, Firefox or MS Edge. Similarly, an app may not function perfectly on Linux but works fine on Windows.
With cross-platform testing, it is particularly crucial to have the use cases prepared upfront. Besides, it is critical to understand end users' likely kinds of platforms and devices. Secondly, QA experts need to choose the platform on which to perform the test. The test outcomes will likely differ based on the platform in use. As a result, they must find a frequently used platform that's perfectly known by their team to garner the best outcomes.
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) in Automated Cross-Browser Testing
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) assist companies in eradicating testing gaps by augmenting people's capacities and skills to analyze real-time data. Moreover, AI/ML are precious technologies if software quality and scalability are top priorities.
A switch to automation saves testing time while not introducing any bugs and intelligent automation, such as Artificial intelligence and machine learning, can provide noteworthy business benefits, including execution speed, revenue creation, compliance, accuracy, and cost savings.
By using Artificial intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) in cross-platform testing, QA specialists can reduce manual error and save on the excessive effort and time required to test a specific scenario.
- Test Script Generation: AI and ML can assist in creating automated test scripts that are highly adaptable and robust. They can scrutinize web pages, detect elements, and generate test cases with minimal manual intervention. This not only saves your precious time but also reduces the threat of manual error.
- Smart Test Execution: AI-driven test automation tools can smartly implement test cases by prioritizing crucial situations and identifying which devices and browsers are necessary to be tested extensively. Machine Learning algorithms can learn from previous test runs and allocate resources highly effectively.
- Self-Healing Tests: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning can allow self-healing testing by updating test scripts automatically to accommodate modifications in the app's structure. When any component’s properties change, Artificial Intelligence algorithms can adjust the test script to confirm continuous tests without manual intervention.
- Test Data Generation: Machine Learning algorithms can create distinct test data, which is mainly valuable for testing forms and data-centric apps. This confirms that the web app behaves appropriately with several input scenarios.
- Predictive Analysis: Artificial Intelligence can scrutinize historical test data to expect potential issues and zones of concern. This proactive approach lets QA teams mitigate problems before they become critical, improving the complete quality of the web app.
- Faster time to market: It is cumbersome and time-consuming to implement tests manually, chiefly when a dev team sometimes modifications the program source code. Artificial Intelligence can execute and rerun automation testing at a much faster pace, and less cost, enabling apps to hit the market earlier.
- Better accuracy: Even the expert testers can make errors when manually testing software. However, test automation can come to the rescue. Artificial Intelligence can allow QA testers to develop highly effective testing approaches, produce highly effective test scripts, and discover fresh ways to deliver the best possible UX.
Best Practices for AI and ML in Cross-Browser Testing
Implementing Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in cross-browser testing can be highly effective when done appropriately. To confirm you get the most out of these innovative technologies, consider the following best practices:
- Select the Right Tools like LambdaTest, Applitools, or Testim
- Continuous Learning:
- Start Small, Scale Gradually
- Data Quality Matters
- Monitoring and Validation
- Testing Strategy Alignment
- Documentation and Training
- Define Clear Objectives
- Feedback Loops
- Stay Informed
Pitfalls of integrating AI into Cross-browser testing
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning can provide several benefits to testers, but downsides exist too.
- Identifying test data. Adopters must understand their AI/ML models before they can start using the technologies in a live environment. If the data is incorrect, the outcomes will be improper. It is therefore crucial to generate coverage-oriented, high-quality test data sets.
- Necessary skills- QA demands considerable data science and technical skills from the testers, which differentiates the position of an AI tester from that of an automated or manual tester.
- Security: Machine learning algorithms often come across delicate information when gathering data for their algorithms, which must be secured so that it is not used or mishandled.
- Cost: While AI and ML-based testing may save time and cost in the long run, the initial cost of incorporating these technologies can be excessively expensive.
LambdaTest Cloud Platform: AI & ML-Driven Testing Companion
LambdaTest, an AI-powered test orchestration and test execution platform, serves as your reliable companion in the realm of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning-powered tests. With pioneering capabilities, it empowers you to perform automation testing flawlessly, improve test coverage, and improve the effectiveness of your testing process. Here's how the LambdaTest cloud platform redefines your testing experience:
- Parallel Testing
- Real Browsers and Devices
- Interactive Testing
- Detailed Analytics
Overall, AI and ML have the potential to revolutionize QA and software testing by making it more effective and accurate. Together they have ushered in a new era of proficiency, enhancing its overall effectiveness. LambdaTest Cloud Platform flawlessly incorporates these advancements, providing a complete solution to meet the demands of AI-driven testing.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Can AI and ML be combined into cross-browser test frameworks like Selenium?
Yes, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning can be seamlessly integrated into common automated testing frameworks like Selenium, enhancing their competencies.
- Are there any security concerns when using AI and ML technologies in QA testing?
Security is a concern, particularly when managing sensitive data. Companies should implement robust safety measures to safeguard AI models and testing data.