After the acquisition of LinkedIn by Microsoft, LinkedIn has rose to become the premium social media for professionals. In this article at OpenGenus, we answered the doubt if LinkedIn posts are indexed by Google Search.
In short, YES. Google Search does index LinkedIn posts. Read further to understand how to increase chances of getting indexed.
Table of contents:
- What is the criteria for indexing a LinkedIn post?
- How long does it take Google Search to index LinkedIn post?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the criteria for indexing a LinkedIn post?
The important point is that not all posts are indexed by Google Search.
The criteria for indexing a LinkedIn post are:
- The post should have original content.
- The post should have a minimum interaction of 40 likes along with 5 comments and 2 reposts.
- The post should not be a repost with extra content. Google does not index reposts. This can help the original post to get indexed.
- The post should not have more than 4 hashtags and should not tag more than 6 LinkedIn profiles.
- After posting, many authors tend to comment on their own post. There is indication that this helps the post get indexed by increasing engagement if the readers are expecting to read your comment.
- Grow your profile. Any profile that has more than 10K followers is likely to have more than 80% of their posts get indexed while anyone with over 50K followers will have almost all posts get indexed.
- Standard template posts like asking users to comment for reach, job posts and others are not indexed.
How long does it take Google Search to index LinkedIn post?
Google Search takes up to 3 days to index a LinkedIn post.
The issue is there is no standard sitemap for LinkedIn and LinkedIn often blocks crawler bots. To accelerate the process of indexing a particular LinkedIn post, share the link of the LinkedIn post on Twitter.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Do Google Search index LinkedIn articles?
Yes, Google Search index both LinkedIn articles and posts. Both are considered to be of same priority to Google Search. It has been observed that for short content, it is easier to get indexed by post and for longer content, LinkedIn article should be considered.
- Do LinkedIn post come as Google search results?
Yes, LinkedIn post do come as a Google search result but it is rarely because the post content is considered to be of social nature and not of information source. That being said, LinkedIn articles are more likely to rank as Google search results.
LinkedIn content is indexed by Google like other top social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook.
With this article at OpenGenus, you must have the complete idea of whether Google Search index LinkedIn posts.