Intel Corporation (INC) was founded on 18 July 1968. Intel has revolutionized the field of computing in the field of Microprocessors / CPUs and Semiconductor Technology. Today, it is the largest semiconductor company in the World and is one of the largest employers.
Intel Corporation (INC) follows a hierarchical job structure and in this article at OpenGenus, we have explored the different job levels at Intel along with the required average experience and salary range.
Table of contents:
- Job structure at Intel
- Job Levels at Intel
- There are over 135,000 employees at Intel with 17 job levels worldwide.
- Intel follows a hierarchical job structure.
Read on to see all 17 different job levels. The information in this OpenGenus article has been verified by multiple Full-time Intel employees.
Employees at Intel
There are over 135,000 employees at Intel (as of 2023). Of this, there are over 35,000 Software Engineers. This makes Intel one of the top technical companies hiring a such a large work force.
There are 17 different job levels at Intel.
Several notable employees and researchers have worked with Intel who have revolutionize the semi-conductor industry.
Job structure at Intel
Intel follows a hierarchical job structure. If one joins Intel as the first job, then one may join at three different levels based on their educational background (BSc, MSc and PhD).
- BSc: Entry-Level Engineer
- MSc: Associate Engineer
- PhD: Principal Engineer
One can also join at other intermediate levels based on their job experience. One will get promoted upwards the hierarchical job structure at Intel. Promotion depends on work performance and team spirit.
One can view the job levels as a food chain.
Job Levels at Intel
Following table lists the different job levels at Intel:
Job levels at Intel
|Level||Job Title||Annual Salary||Avg. Experience|
|1||Intern||15K to 40K||Student|
|2||Co-op||30K to 50K||Student|
|$50K - $80K||0 to 2 years|
|$65K - $95K||2 to 4 years|
|$80K - $120K||3 to 6 years|
|$100K - $150K||5 to 8 years|
|$130K - $200K||8 to 12 years|
|$150K - $220K||10 to 15 years|
|9||Senior Staff Engineer
Senior Staff Analyst
|$170K - $250K||12 to 18 years|
|10||Technical Lead Engineer
Technical Lead Analyst
|$190K - $280K||15 to 20 years|
|$180K - $300K||10+ years (management)|
|12||Senior Engineering Manager
Senior Program Manager
|$220K - $350K||12+ years (management)|
|$250K - $400K||15+ years (management)|
|14||Senior Director||$300K - $500K||18+ years (management)|
|15||Vice President||$400K - $700K||20+ years (management)|
|16||Senior Vice President||$500K - $1M+||25+ years (management)|
Some notable people at Intel (INC):
- Yurong Chen is a Principal Research Scientist and Senior Research Director at Intel and Director of Cognitive Computing Lab at Intel Labs China. He works on ML research for Smart computing and driving.
- Georg Stemmer is a Principal Engineer with more than 20 years of experience in machine learning (ML).
- Suvadeep Banerjee is a Research Scientist at Intel Labs working on hardware accelerators for improving the performance of deep neural networks.
- Dheemanth Nagaraj was the first engineer of Indian origin to become a Fellow/ Director at Intel.
- Mahima Mehta is a Research Scientist and has worked on Intel Modem platforms.
- Hong Jiang is a notable Intel Fellow and the Director of GPU Compute Architecture in Accelerated Computing Systems and Graphics Group (AXG) at Intel.
Some notable Senior Vice President at Intel are:
- Safroadu Yeboah-Amankwah (also Chief Strategy Officer at Intel)
- Shlomit Weiss (Co-General Manager of the Design Engineering Group)
- Stu Pann (General Manager, Intel Foundry Services)
- Christy Pambianchi (Chief People Officer)
- April Miller Boise (Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary)
See the other people who are holding the position of Senior Vice President at Intel: Here
With this article at OpenGenus, you must have a good idea of the different job levels at Intel and associated salary and experience. Best of luck in progressing your career.