Kevin Sun is one of the top Competitive Programmers from Canada currently, residing in United States of America (USA). He is known as ksun48 in online platforms. He is the only programmer to have won 3 times Gold medal at IOI and a Gold medal at ICPC.
|Education:||B.Sc in Computer Science from MIT|
|Known for:||3 times Gold medal at IOI, Gold medal at ICPC, 3rd worldwide at Google Code Jam 2022|
|Award:||Putnam Fellow 2019|
Kevin Sun was born in Canada but moved to United States of America (USA) at the age of 10 with his parents. He started competitive programming at the age of 12 and had a natural interest in Advanced Mathematics since at age of 9.
Education of Kevin Sun:
- Completed B.Sc in Computer Science from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 2020
- Completed his schooling from Phillips Exeter Academy, New Hampshire in 2016
Based on his wins in Competitive Programming, he has won $15,000. Currently, Kevin Sun resides in Massachusetts, USA and holds a full-time job offer from Google and Facebook.
Key achievements of Kevin Sun:
- Ranked 3rd worldwide in CodeForces (as of November 2022)
- International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO): 3 times Gold medal in 2014, 2015, 2016 and Bronze medal in 2013
- Google Code Jam: 2nd in 2020, 3rd in 2022 worldwide
- TopCoder Open: 2nd in 2018 worldwide
- International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI): Silver medal in 2016
- ICPC World Finals: Bronze medal (rank 11) in 2018 and Gold medal (rank 2) in 2019
- 1st in William Lowell Putnam Mathematical Competition, Putnam Fellow 2019
Other notable worldwide performances:
- Facebook Hacker Cup: Ranked 9 in 2018, 19 in 2019 and 14 in 2020
- AtCoder World Tour Finals: 6th in 2019
- TopCoder Open: 16 in 2020 worldwide
- CodeChef SnackDown: Rank 15 in 2019 and 9 in 2021
TopCoder's tweet introducing Kevin Sun as a finalist at TopCoder Open 2018:
With this article at OpenGenus, you must have a good idea of the career and achievements of Kevin Sun.