Luca Daniel is a Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at MIT, USA and is a leading researcher in the field of Electronic Systems. He is an IEEE Fellow. He is known for receiving 13 Conference Best Paper awards and his work on Robustness of Neural Networks.
|Domain:||Deep Learning, Numerical Techniques, Electrical Power|
|Location:||Italy (origin), USA (current)|
Luca Daniel is originally from Italy and was born in 1977.
He moved to USA in 1997 for higher studies and pursue a PhD in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from UC Berkeley.
Following is the education qualification of Luca Daniel:
- Laurea summa cum laude (= B.Sc) in Electronic Engineering from Universita di Padova, Italy (1996)
- Certificate of Professional Development (= MSc) from University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (1999)
- PhD in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from UC Berkeley (2003)
He received "Best PhD thesis award" at UC Berkeley in 2003 placing him at the top of PhD students graduating from UC Berkeley.
He holds 5 published patents at USPTO. He places him above an average inventor who holds 3 patents on average. His first patent was in 2008 at the age of 31.
His current research interests include:
- Numerical Techniques
- Electrical Power Distribution Networks
- Electromagnetic Properties of Human Tissues
- Deep Neural Networks
- Handling High Dimensional Data
Following are the awards and honours recieved by Luca Daniel:
- IEEE Fellow (January 2022)
- 13 Conference Best Paper awards
- IBM Corporation Faculty Award
- IEEE Early Career Award
- Ruth and Joel Spira Award (for Teaching) at MIT
His research paper titled "Towards fast computation of certified robustness for relu networks" received over 560+ citations which places the paper as one of the top publications in the domain.
In total, his papers have over 2100+ citations.
With this article at OpenGenus, you must have a good insight into the mind of the leading researcher Luca Daniel.