Deloitte is one of the largest Consulting and Service based company in the World with a workforce of over 256,000 employees. Deloitte is a strong company to build a growing career.
In this article at OpenGenus, we have listed the different job levels and grades at Deloitte (Deloitte Hierarchy/ technical ladder) along with average salary range at USA and India offices and average experience. Based on this information, plan your career at Deloitte.
Table of contents:
- Career opportunity at Deloitte
- Job Levels at Deloitte
- Career of some employees at Deloitte
- There are over 256,000 employees at Deloitte with 8 job levels worldwide.
- Deloitte follows a hierarchical job structure hierarchy.
The details on Technical Ladder at Deloitte in this OpenGenus.org article has been verified by multiple Deloitte employees independently.
Career opportunity at Deloitte
Deloitte is a service based company providing consultancy services and Enterprise and Accounting Solutions.
Deloitte has over 415,000 employees making it one of the largest employee workforces in the World. It was founded in 1845 in London and has a world-wide presence. Deloitte has offices in over 150 countries and hires actively in India, USA, England, Germany and other countries.
Despite being a service based company, Deloitte is seen as a respected job opportunity among freshers who prefer product based companies. Deloitte pays relatively higher compared to other service based companies.
Deloitte provides oversea opportunities for multiple employees to work from a foreign country for 2 to 3 years on L1 visa.
Deloitte hires Software Developers actively for creating accounting solutions and hence, provides a strong product development experience which one can use to grow their career.
Job Levels at Deloitte
There are 8 distinct job levels at Deloitte. It follows a hierarchical structure.
Deloitte has different divisions like Deloitte Consulting - US which is referred as USI in India. There are 3 different career tracks at Deloitte:
- PPD track: This include roles like Consultant, Analyst, Manager, Senior Manager Partner, Director
- Specialist Track: This include titles like Specialist Master.
- SE track: This includes titles like System Engineer
Following are the different Job Levels at Deloitte:
Job Levels at Deloitte
|Job Level||Job Title||Average Salary (INR)
Business Technology Analyst - BTA
|₹3 to 4 lakhs (IND)
($40,000 - $55,000 USA)
|0 to 1 year
B.Sc students enter at this level.
Systems Engineer 2
|₹7 to 7.5 lakhs (IND)
($55,000 - $80,000 USA)
|2 to 5 years
M.Sc students enter at this level.
Systems Engineer 3
|₹12 lakhs IND
($70,000 to $100,000 USA)
|5 to 10 years
MBA and PhD students enter at this level.
Systems Engineer 4
($95,000 to $120,000 USA)
|8 to 12 years|
Senior Systems Engineer
|₹25 – 30 lakhs
($120,000 - $200,000)
|12 to 17 years|
|₹40 – 45 lakhs
($180,000 - $250,000)
|17 to 22 years|
|L7||Managing Director||₹85 – 90 lakhs IND
($250,000 - $400,000 USA)
Managing Director (MD)
C-suite roles CEO, CTO
|₹1.1+ crore IND
Career of some employees at Deloitte
Some of the employees at Deloitte:
- Sakshi Kaul is a Business Technology Analyst (BTA) at Deloitte (Pune office) (Job level L1). She holds a total work experience of 4 years and have worked at Deloitte for 1 year. She holds a BE degree in IT from DY Patil Institute of Engineering and Technology, Pune.
- Bharatram Muralidharan is a Senior Consultant at Deloitte Consulting (Texas office) (Job grade L4). He has provided 4 years of service to Deloitte and hold a MSc degree in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering from Rutgers University (2013). He is originally from India holding a BSc in Chemical Engineering from Manipal Institute of Technology.
- Sakshi Agrawal is a System Engineer IV at Deloitte Consulting (Bangalore office) (Job level L4). She holds a BE degree in Computer Science from Rajiv Gandhi Prodyogik Vishwavidyalaya with a total work experience of 10 years includes 8 years of service to Deloitte.
- Annie Almendinger is a Lead Learning and Development Specialist at Deloitte (Dallas office) (Job grade L6). She has a total work experience of 12 years and has joined Deloitte recently in November 2021 as a Lead Specialist.
With this article at OpenGenus, you must have a strong idea of different job levels at Deloitte. Grow your career at Deloitte.