NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) has revolutionize the hardware industry with its GPU Technology and is one of the top choice for engineers as a workplace. It stands one of the largest hardware companies today.
In this article at OpenGenus, we have listed the different job grade, levels and titles at NVIDIA (technical ladder) along with the required average experience and salary range. NVIDIA follows a hierarchical job structure.
Table of contents:
- Career at NVIDIA
- Job levels at NVIDIA
- Some top employees at NVIDIA
- There are over 26,200 employees at NVIDIA with 15 job levels worldwide.
- NVIDIA follows a hierarchical job structure.
The technical ladder at NVIDIA in this article at OpenGenus.org has been verified by NVIDIA employees.
Career at NVIDIA
NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) has made significant progress and innovation in GPU and Artificial Intelligence (AI). Over 26,200 employees work at NVIDIA and has a market capital of $1.07 Trillion.
Jen Hsun Huang is the largest individual NVIDIA shareholder owning 3.86% of the company valued at over $40 Billion.
NVIDIA was founded in 5th April 1993 and is an American Multi-national technology company with specialization on GPUs, APIs for AI and HPC, SOCs for Mobile Computing. It is one of the leading technology companies in the World with a direct competition with AMD.
NVIDIA is a good company to grow careerwise for both technical and management tracks. NVIDIA grants research fellowships worth over $50,000 and has separate research groups working on cutting edge technology.
Even, for Software Developers, NVIDIA is a leading choice having developed:
- NVIDIA GeForce Experience: for device updates, game optimization, gameplay recording and streaming.
- CUDA: The number 1 parallel computing platform and API to use NVIDIA GPUs
- cuDNN: A Deep Learning library for GPUs
- TensorRT: Deep Learning Inference optimizer and deployment library
- Virtual CPU: A virtualization technology for GPUs
Job levels at NVIDIA
Key notations in job levels and grades at NVIDIA:
- IC stands for Individual Contributor.
- M stands for Manager.
Following table lists the different job levels at NVIDIA:
Job levels at NVIDIA
|Job Grade/ Level||Job Title||Salary||Avg. Experience|
|IC0||Intern||$30K to $60K||Student|
|IC01||Co-op||$30K to $75K||Student|
|IC1||Software Engineer I
QA Engineer I
Design Verification Engineer
Tools Development Engineer
IP Security Engineer
|$75K - $120K||0 to 2 years|
|IC2||Software Engineer II
QA Engineer II
+ Other Engineering roles
|$100K - $150K||2 to 5 years|
|IC3||Senior Software Engineer||$120K - $180K||5 to 8 years|
|IC4||Senior Software Engineer II||$120K - $180K||7 to 9 years|
|Senior Software Engineer III
|$120K - $180K||9 to 11 years|
|Principal Software Engineer
Program Manager II
|$160K - $230K||11 to 15 years|
Senior Program Manager
|$160K - $230K||15 to 20 years|
|Distinguished Engineer 2
|$160K - $230K||15 to 20 years|
|Senior Distinguished Engineer
Director of Software Engineering
|$190K - $290K||20 to 25 years|
|M6||Senior Director||$300K - $500K||25 to 30 years|
|M7||Vice President||$400K - $700K||30+ years|
|M8||Senior Vice President||$500K - $1M+||30+ years|
Some top employees at NVIDIA
Several employees at NVIDIA is known to have spent over 10+ years of service. This places NVIDIA as one of the top tech companies to have long tenure employees.
Some of the top employees at NVIDIA are as follows:
- Mark Hummel is a Senior Distinguished Engineer at NVIDIA (Massachusetts office) (Job grade IC8) and has worked there for over 11 years and has over 15 patents to his name.
- Manan Patel is a Distingushed Engineer at NVIDIA (Santa Clara office) (Job grade IC7) and has worked there for over 19 years.
- Ravi Pratap Singh was a Distinguished Engineer (Job grade IC7) and Director (Job grade M4) at NVIDIA and dedicated over 13 years to NVIDIA (Austin, Texas office). He originally came from India having studied at Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani (B. Eng) and IIT, Delhi (M. Tech). He has over 40 patents to his name.
- Anurag Chaudhary is a Senior Director at NVIDIA (Job grade M6) and works on Cache Coherent Interconnects and Architecture. He has given over 16.5 years to NVIDIA and has a total experience of 26 years. He is originally from India with a B.Tech degree in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (1998).
- Sameer Halepete is a Vice President of VLSI Engineering at NVIDIA Corporation (San Jose office) (Job grade M7) and has given over 21 years of service to NVIDIA. From 2002 to 2007, he was the Director of HW Engineering at NVIDIA.
- George Palathingal is a Senior System Software Engineer at NVIDIA (Job grade IC3) and had started his career at NVIDIA since 2014 as an Intern (Job grade IC0). He has given 9+ years of service to NVIDIA.
- Wei Guo is a Senior Software Engineer at NVIDIA (job grade IC3) with over 10+ years of service and overall 17 years of work experience.
NVIDIA is a good technology company to grow your career. Many employees have spent over 20 years of service in the company.
With this article at OpenGenus.org, you must have a strong idea of different job grades, levels and titles at NVIDIA Corporation. Best of luck rising in your career.