Infosys is one of the largest service technology consultancy company in the World with a workforce of over 336,000 employees. Many employees have fulfilled their career goals by rising in the career ladder at Infosys.
In this article at OpenGenus, we have listed the different job levels and grades at Infosys (technical, consultant and delivery ladder) along with the average experience and salary range. Use this information to plan your career growth.
Table of contents:
- Career growth at Infosys
- Job Levels at Infosys
- Employees at Infosys
- There are over 336,000 employees at Infosys with 8 job levels worldwide.
- Infosys follows a hierarchical job structure till Job Level 7 and a flat structure at Job level 8 (Hybrid model).
- Many employees have struggled to get promoted at Infosys at initial job levels.
- Many employees get their dream opportunity to work aboard through L1 visa at Infosys.
The job level, grade and ladder information in this article at OpenGenus.org has been verified by multiple Infosys employees independently.
Career growth at Infosys
Infosys was established on 2nd July 1981 in Pune and is one of the largest consulting, IT and outsourcing service based company across the globe. Infosys hires actively in USA, Europe and India and has offices in 56 countries.
Infosys has over 336,000 employees which makes it one of the largest technology workforces in the World significantly larger than technology companies like Intel, NVIDIA and AMD.
Many students classify Infosys as a WITCH company which is a group of 5 companies with a reputation of paying employees significantly less than market standard.
This is because Infosys hire students from University as a part of mass hiring drive at the entry level at a relatively low salary. The point to note is that Infosys is a service company so one cannot ideally compare salary with a product company and at the entry level, Infosys is considered as a safe company for placement.
Despite the general reputation among student community, Infosys is a good company to grow in the senior positions that is beyond JL4.
Even at entry level, it can a good option to kickstart your career beyond which one can make a company change after 2 to 3 years to a bigger career growth. It has been noticed that several employees with average performance stay stuck at the entry level (JLB3) for several years (as much as 10 years without promotion).
Many employees have a dream to work in a foreign country like Europe or USA. If this is your goal, Infosys is a great option as it sends several employees each year to a foreign country from 2 to 3 years on L1 visa. Note that the salary will be relatively less as L1 visa is issued.
Being a service based company, one will not get the experience of working on a core product but in terms of career growth and challenges, it is equally rewarding in the long run.
Job Levels at Infosys
At Infosys, the job grades are labelled as JL denoted Job Level followed by the level on the ladder the employee is on. There are 3 ladders at Infosys:
- Delivery (starts from JL2B)
- Technology (starts from JL5)
- Consulting service (starts from JL3)
There are 8 major job levels/ grades at Infosys and 16 sub-job levels considering the 3 different ladders at Infosys.
The career ladder at Infosys is a hybrid model that is a mix of hierarchical and flat job structure. The initial levels (till Job grade JL7) are in hierarchical job structure while all higher levels (beyond JL8) are merged into a flat job structure that is all employees are on the same level and does not report to a manager. This flat structure was introduced in 2020.
Following is the job levels / grades at Infosys:
Job Levels at Infosys
|Job Level (JL)||Job Title||Average Salary (USD)||Experience Range|
|JL2B||Operations Executive||$40,000 - $60,000||0 to 2 years|
|JL2A||Senior Operations Executive||$50,000 - $70,000||2 to 4 years|
|Pre-JL3B||Systems Engineer Trainee||$30,000 - $50,000||0 to 1 year
Entry level training for 4 to 6 months.
BSc and MSc students enter at this level.
|JL3B||Systems Engineer||$30,000 to $50,000||0 to 6 years|
|JL3A||Senior Systems Engineer||$55,000 - $80,000||4 to 8 years|
|JL3||Associate Business Analyst||$55,000 - $80,000||6 to 8 years|
|$70,000 to $90,000||8 to 12 years|
|$70,000 - $90,000||8 to 12 years|
|JL4A||Senior Associate Consultant
Senior Business Analyst
|$80,000 to $105,000||12 to 16 years|
Senior Technical Specialist
|$90,000 to $120,000||15+ years|
|JL5B||Consultant||$90,000 to $120,000||12+ years|
|JL5A||Senior Consultant||$90,000 - $120,000||16+ years|
|$110,000 to $150,000||20+ years|
Senior Technology Architect
Senior Project Manager
Group Project Manager
|$130,000 - $190,000||22+ years|
|JL7||Principal Technology Architect
|$180,000 to $250,000||22+ years|
|JL8||Senior Principal Technology Architect, AVP, VP, SVP, EVP||$270K+||25+ years|
Employees at Infosys
Some of the key employees at Infosys are:
- Amit Shah is a Principal Technology Architect at Infosys (Arkansas office) (Job grade JL7). He has given over 21 years of service to Infosys and has over 25 years of work experience. He holds a BE degree in Electronics in Thadomal Shahani Engineering College. At Infosys, he started his career as a Technical Specialist (Job grade JL4). This is an example of career growth at Infosys.
- Melissa Sanchez is a System Engineer at Infosys (Florida office) (Job grade JLB3) working on Verizon Managed Services. She complete BA degree in Management Information Systems from University of South Florida in 1996 and then, worked at Verizon for 20 years. Following it, she joined Infosys at the entry level where she has provided 5 years of service. She has over 27 years of work experience.
- Balaji Ramanujam is AVP Senior Principal Technology Architect (Job grade 8) at Infosys (New Jersey office) (Job grade 8) and has given 8 years of service to Infosys. He holds a total work experience of 21 years. He started his career at infosys as a Principal Architect (Job grade 7) in 2015. Only one job grade seems be to incremented but this is due to the hybrid structure at Infosys. He was promoted twice in 8 years which is considered to be a high performance at Infosys.
- Ethan Yoon is an Associate Business Analyst at Infosys (Seattle office) (Job grade JL3). He joined Infosys after completing BSc in Economics and Marketing from University of California, Berkeley in 2021.
- Priti Bhat is a Senior Consultant at Infosys (Washington office) (Job grade JL5A). She has provided 12 years of service to Infosys and has a total work experience of 14 years.
- Arun Hoskere is an Executive Vice President (EVP) at Infosys (Job grade JL8) and has provided over 29 years of service to Infosys. He joined Infosys directly after completing BE degree in Computer Science and Engineering at Bangalore University in 1994.
- Amit Pasalkar is a Senior Technology Architect for Microsoft Azure at Infosys (California office) (Job grade JL6A). He holds a total work experience of 18 years and has joined Infosys on September 2022.
With this article at OpenGenus, you must have the complete idea of the career ladder at Infosys. Plan accordingly and grow your career with Infosys.