Wipro (WIPRO in NSE) is a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company. With over 256,000 employees, Wipro is a strong company to grow your career.
In this article at OpenGenus, we have listed the different job levels and grades at Wipro (Wipro Hierarchy/ technical ladder) along with average salary range at USA and India offices and average experience. Based on this information, plan your career at Wipro.
- There are over 256,000 employees at Wipro with 12 job levels worldwide.
- Wipro follows a Band job structure hierarchy.
Table of contents:
- Career growth at Wipro
- Technical Career Hierarchy at Wipro
- Job Levels at Wipro
- Employees at Wipro
The details on Technical Ladder at Wipro in this OpenGenus.org article has been verified by multiple Wipro employees independently.
Career growth at Wipro
Wipro has over 256,000 employees globally. It was founded in 1945 in India and today, it is one of the largest service based company in the World. Wipro has office presence in 50 countries and hires massively in India, USA, Dubai and Canada.
Wipro is classified as a WITCH company by many students and freshers mainly because:
- Being a mass hiring company, Wipro is known to offer low salary to freshers.
- Many prefer product based company over service based company.
Wipro sends most of its employees on L1 visa to work from a foreign country for upto 2 years. From India, Wipro has over 1500 employees with L1 visa and around 1130 employees on H1B visa.
If your goal is to work from a foreign country, Wipro is a good choice. Ideally, one can start career at Wipro and make a career switch in 2 to 3 years.
Technical Career Hierarchy at Wipro
Wipro follows the BAND system for Career Hierarchy. It includes 6 bands:
- TRB: for trainees
- Band A (A1 to A3)
- Band B (B1 to B3)
- Band C (C1 to C2)
- Band D (D1 to D2)
- Band E
Following are details on the different bands at Wipro:
Career Hierarchy at Wipro
|Job Level||Education Qualification||Explanation of the Role|
|Band TRB||Fresh graduates with relevant degrees||Entry-level position for freshers, typically for those with no prior work experience.|
|Band B1||B.E./B.Tech or equivalent||Responsible for working on project development and solutions under the guidance of senior engineers.|
|Band B2||B.E./B.Tech or equivalent||Senior role guiding project engineers and assisting in overcoming challenges in project work.|
|Band B3||B.E./B.Tech, M.E./M Tech/MSc or equivalent||Leadership roles overseeing teams, ensuring effective communication, and resolving team issues.|
|Band C1||MBA or relevant postgraduate degree||Managerial positions involved in client communication, project planning, and requirements.|
|Band C2||MBA or relevant postgraduate degree||Senior managerial roles managing groups of experts and technicians for project execution.|
|Band D1||MBA or relevant postgraduate degree||Senior management roles responsible for overseeing functions and projects.|
|Band D2||MBA or relevant postgraduate degree||Top leadership roles managing separate branches or departments within the organization.|
|Band E||Advanced degrees and extensive industry experience||Top-level executives responsible for overall company leadership and strategic decision-making.|
Job Levels at Wipro
There are 12 distinct job levels. Following are the job levels at Wipro:
Job Levels at Wipro
|Job Level||Job Title||Average Salary (USA, INDIA)||Experience Range|
|Band TRB||Trainee||$15,000 (USA)
1.2 to 2.2 lakhs INR (IND)
|0 to 3 years
First 6 months freshers are assigned to this role.
|Band B1||Project Engineer
Associate Project Engineer
|$15,000 - $30,000 (USA)
1.2 - 2.2 lakhs INR (IND)
|0 - 3 years|
|Band B2||Senior Project Engineer||$25,000 - $55,000 (USA)
3.5 - 5.5 lakhs INR (IND)
|3 - 5 years|
|Band B3||Team Lead
|$40,000 - $65,000 (USA)
5.8 - 9.5 lakhs INR (IND)
|5 - 8 years|
|Band C1||Project Manager
|$65,000 - $75,000 (USA)
10 - 14 lakhs INR (IND)
|8 - 12 years|
|Band C2||Senior Project Manager
Manager (Special Projects)
|$70,000 - $95,000 (USA)
14 - 20 lakhs INR (IND)
|10 - 15 years|
|Band D1||Project Head
|$90,000 - $120,000 (USA)
18 - 25 lakhs INR (IND)
|15 - 20 years|
|$100,000 - $180,000 (USA)
25 - 35 lakhs INR (IND)
|Band E||Chief Executives (CEO, CFO, CTO, CIO),
Board of Directors
50 lakhs INR (IND)
Employees at Wipro
You can learn from the career growth of employees at Wipro. Some of the employees at Wipro are:
- Neha Kumari is a Senior Project Engineer at Wipro Technologies (Mumbai office) (Job level Band B2). She has given over 8 years of service to Wipro and had joined directly after completing her B.Tech degree from Rajasthan Technical University in 2015. She was promoted from Band B1 to B2 after 3.5 years.
- Abhijeet Pawar is a Project Manager at Wipro (Pune office) (Job level Band C1). He has a total work experience of 12 years and have been working at Wipro since May 2016.
- Sharan Swami is a Senior Project Manager at Wipro (Job level Band C2). He has given over 19 years of service to Wipro. He started in 2004 as a Test Lead in Wipro's Bangalore office and got an opportunity to work from Jersey City Office for 5 years following which he returned to Pune office in 2013. Again, from 2017, he moved to Tennesse office (USA).
- Ravi Seshadhri is a Vice President and Head of Application Business, North Americas at Wipro Limited (Job level Band E). He has a total work experience of 20 years and given 13 years of service to Wipro. He holds a MSc degree in Software Engineering from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani.
- Dawn Harrison is a Director of Marketing at Wipro (Florida office) (Job level Band D2). He has given 5 years of service to Wipro.
With this article at OpenGenus, you must have a strong idea of the technical ladder at Wipro. Enjoy and plan your career growth at Wipro.