Fidelity Investments is a technology financial company with over 70,000 employees and is a good workplace to grow your career in both technical and management ladder.
In this article at OpenGenus, we have listed the different job levels and grades at Fidelity Investments along with corresponding salary range and average experience. This gives a strong view of technical and management ladder at Fidelity Investments so that you can plan your career accordingly.
Table of contents:
- Career growth opportunity at Fidelity Investments
- Job Levels at Fidelity Investments
- Employees at Fidelity Investments
- There are over 70,000 employees at Fidelity Investments with 11 job levels worldwide.
- Fidelity Investments follows a hierarchical job structure.
- Fidelity Investments is known to be generous in promotions till L5.
- Fidelity Investments is a good option for technical ladder till L5 and for manager ladder beyond L7.
The technical ladder information in this OpenGenus.org article has been verified by multiple Fidelity Investments employees independently.
Career growth opportunity at Fidelity Investments
Fidelity Investment is a technology investment company was established in 1946 in Boston, USA.
Fidelity Investments provides investment management, retirement planning, wealth management, and financial advisory services including products for mutual funds, ETFs, online brokerage and retirement accounts. Fidelity Investments is a market leader in investment options with decades of customer trust.
Market cap of Fidelity Investments is $11.24 Billion.
There are over 70,000 employees at Fidelity Investments. Fidelity Investments have multiple software products like:
- Active Trader Pro: for tracking real time market.
- Wealthscape: to manage clients for investment advice.
- Fidelity Automated Managed Portfolios: to manage portfolios based on goals and risk appetite.
They hire B.Sc, MSc and PhD students from subjects Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Marketing, Communication, Law and Human Resources.
Fidelity Investments follows a hierarchical job structure and is known to be generous in promotions till the first few levels. This makes Fidelity Investments a good company to launch your career as you quickly rise in the technical ladder.
Job Levels at Fidelity Investments
There are 11 job grades / levels at Fidelity Investments.
Things to note:
- Entry level position is Executive Graduate Trainee (L2) for BSc/ B.Tech students. This is the training phase and last for 8 months on average. Following this, employee is promoted to Associate Software Engineer (L3).
- Fidelity Investment is one of the few technology company who have a separate level for training phase.
- Most employees with average performance have been noticed to get stuck in L5 and L6. Beyond this, exceptional performance needs to be demonstrated to get promoted.
Following are the job levels and grades at Fidelity Investments:
Job levels at Fidelity Investments
|Level (L)||Job Titles||Salary Range||Avg. Experience|
|$35K to $65K||0 to 1 year|
|L2||Executive Graduate Trainee||$60K to $90K||0 to 1 year
BSc student enter in this grade.
|L3||Associate Software Engineer
Quality Assurance Engineer
|$65K to $100K||1 to 4 years|
|$90K to $130K||3 to 7 years
MSc, MBA students enter at this level.
|L5||Senior Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer
|$150K to $200K||7 to 12 years
PhD students enter at this level.
|L6||Principal Software Engineer
Service Delivery Leader
|$200K - $300K||10 to 15 years|
|L7||Director||$350K to $500K||15 to 23 years|
|L8||Vice President (VP)||$450K to $600K||20 to 27 years|
|L9||Senior Vice President (SVP)||$550K to $750K||22 years to 28 years|
|L10||Executive Vice President (EVP)||$700K+||25 years+|
C-suite roles like CEO, CTO.
Employees at Fidelity Investments
Some of the key employees at Fidelity Investments are:
- Dhruva Kumar is a Principal Software Engineer at Fidelity investments (Bangalore office) (Job grade L6) and has given 5 years of service to Fidelity Investments. He has a total work experience of 13 years and holds a B.E degree in Electrical Electronics and Communications Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University.
- Keshini P S is a Software Engineer at Fidelity Investments (Chennai office) (Job grade L4) and has spent over 2 years at Fidelity Investments.
- Sunil Joseph is a Director of End User Computing at Fidelity Investments (North Carolina office) (Job grade L7). He has given over 21 years of service to Fidelity Investments and has joined directly after completing his BE degree in Computer Science from University of Mumbai (1993).
- Swathi P is a Data Engineer at Fidelity Investments (Texas office) (Job grade L4) with 7 years of work experience.
- Kevin Barry is a President of Workplace Investing at Fidelity Investments (Boston office) (Job grade L11). He has given over 18 years of service to Fidelity Investments rising from the position to SVP to EVP to President. He has a total work experience of 30 years.
- Shankar Swaminathan is a Vice President of Analytics at Fidelity Investments (Bangalore office) (Job grade L8). He has given over 19 years of service to Fidelity Investments and has a total work experience of 27 years.
- Matt Aurelia is a Senior Vice President of Relationship Manager at Fidelity Investments (New York office) (Job grade L9). He has given 16 years of service with a total work experience of 24 years.
- John Phillips is a Executive Vice President of Platform Solutions, Strategic and Global Sales at Fidelity Investments (Massachusetts office) (Job grade L10). H ehas given 16 years of service and has a total work experience of 27 years. He holds a MBA in Finance from Boston College Carroll School of Management.
With this article at OpenGenus, you must have a strong idea of how to climb up the technical and management ladder at Fidelity Investments. Grow your career.