In this article, we have listed 53 Intermediate Python Projects which you should work on to gain a strong hold in implementing programs in Python and strengthen your portfolio.
Table of contents:
- 53 Intermediate Python Projects
- What makes a good Python project of Intermediate level?
- Why you should work on a Python project?
- Some Intermediate Python projects in detail
53 Intermediate Python Projects
Following is the complete list of 53 Python Projects for Intermediate Programmers:
- 2048 game in Python
- Minesweeper game in Python with strategy to win
- Typing speed test in Python as a console application
- Python script to control keyboard
- Online C Code Compiler using Flask
- Live Sketching app using OpenCV and Python
- Project on Reconstructing Face using PCA
- Time series forecasting using Python: Stock Market Trends
- Predicting Air Pollution Levels in New Delhi
- URL Shortener in Python (web application)
- EEG Signal Analysis With Python
- Image Captioning using Keras (in Python)
- Document Clustering using K Means in Python
- NLP Project: Compare Text Summarization Models in Python
- Developing static webpage application using Flask
- Deploy a Python Web app on Heroku
- A static Portfolio Website in Django
- Time Series Classification
- File Hosting Service in Django
- Create a Web App using Flask to present a Machine Learning model
- Web application to convert Word document to PDF
- Differentiating fake faces using simple ML and computer vision
- Build and use an Image Denoising Autoencoder model in Keras
- Implement Shufflenet
- Deep Learning Approach for Native Language Identification with Python
- Find similarity between documents using TF IDF
- TextRank for Text Summarization in Python
- Find set of faces when combined results in face of person A
- Web Scraping a CodeForces profile in Python
- Python Desktop tool to check Internet Speed
- MP3 Player Desktop application in Python
- Python Desktop tool for making todo notes with alarm
- Python Desktop tool to remind to take rest
- Python Desktop tool for Dictionary
- Python Desktop tool Expense Tracker
- Python File Manager tool
- Create Instagram Bot in Python
- Create Twitter bot in Python to make regular tweets
- Create GitHub bot in Python to make a commit regularly
- Extract text from images in Python
- Create simple text editor in Python
- Rock Paper Scissors game in Python
- Calculator in Python as Desktop application
- Python script to block specific applications in specific time like blocking Google Chrome late at night
- Secure Password Generator in Python and check security level of a given password
- Countdown timer desktop application in Python
- Web application in Django to compile and edit code online
- Portfolio Web application in Django
- Web application in Django or Flask to host Deep Learning Image Recognition or Object Detection application
- Web application in Flask to summarize text from any URL using Deep Learning models
- Web application in Python framework to generate text from a given line using Deep Learning models
- Tik Tac Toe game in Python
- Tool in Python to compress images and videos
What makes a good Python project of Intermediate level?
A good Python Project of Intermediate level should have most of the following points:
- Apply basic concepts from another domain such as Deep Learning. This may involve running a Deep Learning model in TensorFlow for a Python web application on Image Recognition.
- Keep a small touch of innovation: Projects may be simple but having a small innovative part which you came up on your own helps in the long run. For example, you can use a Image Recognition application to find similarity between two images. This is a non-conventional but impressive idea.
- Use Design Patterns and OOP: Design your code well and avoid keeping everything in just one code file. Apply concepts from Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns to demonstrate that you have a good sense of implementation.
- Add test cases: Make sure to think beforehand how you can test your code to detect faults. This is the most common part from Interviews where candidates mess-up.
Why you should work on a Python project?
Python is one of the most popular Programming Language today and having a good hold in it opens up a major section of SDE opportunities.
You should highlight a good Python project you have worked on in your resume and be well-versed with the technical details of it as major part of the interviews may be focused on discussing it further.
You should add the entry of your project in your resume as follows:
Project Title When done: (like May 2023) A short one-line description of your project Link to code Link to your article on developing the project
The key points are:
- Link to code: You should always push your code to GitHub and maintain the readme with instructions to run it. Employers may not run it and is most likely to have a glance of it.
- Link to your article: You should prepare an article describing how you worked on the project and the challenges you faced. You should publish it in a reputable peer-reviewed site such as OpenGenus IQ. Avoid self-published sites like Medium.
- Short on-line description: This one-line should bring out how your Python project is different.
Having such a Python Project in your portfolio will enable you to land most of the Interview opportunities like of Google and eventually crack it. Many students fail to land interviews and hence, have no chance to prove themself. One of the projects from this list of Intermediate Python Projects at OpenGenus will help you make good career progress.
Additionally, you will gain much more confidence in your implementation skills and move on to attempt Advanced Python Projects.
Some Intermediate Python projects in detail
- 2048 game in Python
- Project title: 2048 game in Python
- One-line: A desktop or web application to play the famous 2048 game implemented in Python
- Part of innovation: As this is a tile-based game, the innovative part will be to add a feature that can help it to switch to another tile-based game like Tic Tac Toe.
- Explanation: 2048 game in Python
- Code: GitHub
- Minesweeper game in Python
- Project title: Minesweeper game in Python
- One-line: A desktop or web application for Minesweeper game implemented in Python
- Part of innovation: The innovative part will be to include a suggestion where the player went wrong and hence, making the player learn the strategy by playing.
- Explanation: Minesweeper game in Python with strategy to win
- Code: GitHub
- Typing speed test in Python
- Project title: Typing speed test in Python
- One-line: Desktop or web application supporting Speed test for typing implemented in Python.
- Part of innovation: As an innovation part, you can suggest which words the player typed slowest and needs to work on. The high level of tracking is needed. Alternatively, you can check speed of writing code (not any text).
- Explanation: Typing speed test in Python as a console application
- Code: GitHub
- Online Code Compiler using Python Framework
- Project title: Online Code Compiler using Python Framework
- One-line: A web application where users can write and compile code of supported Programming Languages. The application is implemented in Python.
- Part of innovation: As an innovative touch, you can analyze the impact on the server for support multiple Programming Languages and how to manage multiple requests for compilation.
- Explanation: Online C Code Compiler using Flask
- Code: GitHub
With this article at OpenGenus, you must have a strong idea of different Python Projects of Intermediate level you can work on to boost your portfolio. If you are aspiring to build a career in Python programming then you can start by enrolling for a python programming online course.